SOLD - Vintage 1920s Coat SS SARNA Wool Chain Embroidery Medium bust 38
- Very rare example of a 1920s jacket imported from India by S.S. Sarna. You can read the fascinating history of this company here in the words of Mr. Sarna himself. The company is still in business today.
- This incredible coat is fashioned of natural cream wool that is covered in hand worked chain stitch embroidery in bright colors.
- The embroidery features birds and flowers in an elaborate botanical pattern.
- Stand up collar and wide bell raglan sleeves.
- No closures.
- Unlined. Completely finished on the inside with the use of French seams.
- All hems and finish work are done by hand.
|Shoulder to Shoulder:||-|
|Contents & Care:||No labels - Wool - Dry Clean with a professional conservator|
CONDITION: Very Good - Comes to you freshly steam cleaned in house. There are about a dozen small moth bites in the base wool. These are not noticeable within the elaborate embroidery and the jacket is completely wearable as is.