SOLD - Vintage 1930s Evening Gown Dress Silk Velvet Ermine Small bust 34
- Incredible vintage 1930s evening gown is very reminiscent of the garments worn by Hollywood starlets such as Jean Harlow.
- Sultry evening gown with matching jacket, both fashioned of black silk velvet.
- The dress hugs the body and flares out in a dramatic ruffled hem that forms a train at the back. Fabric is cut on the straight of grain, so there is no stretch.
- Dress closes with tiny hooks and eyes at the side.
- Matching jacket is bias cut and falls beautifully.
- Jacket has dramatic white ermine fur trim on the sleeves.
- Jacket closes with a single hook and eye at the waist.
- Jacket lined in white silk charmeuse, dress unlined.
- Note: Photo of ruffle at hem is lightened to show detail. Dress is a true black.
|Length:||58" in front, 63" in back|
|Jacket Length:||15 1/2"|
|Sleeve Length from neckline:||23"|
|Contents & Care:||No labels - Silk with genuine ermine fur - Dry Clean with a professional conservator|
CONDITION: Excellent to Very Good - The only issue to note is the silk charmeuse lining of the jacket is showing some small holes and splits, though nothing major and nothing that will be noticeable when worn. Care should be taken when putting on and removing the jacket. Fur is soft and supple with no shedding or splits.