SOLD - Vintage 1930s OMAR KIAM Evening Gown Rare XS bust 32
- Extremely rare and highly collectible evening gown by Hollywood designer Omar Kiam. This dress has Kiam's own label which dates it to the late 1930s or very early 40s before he began working for Ben Reig. Originally sold by Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Gown is fashioned of luxurious black velvet that has some silk content.
- Fitted bodice has rows of top-stitching that follow the line of the neckline, coming to a point at the center front.
- Hip panel has the same top-stitching and then the very full skirt is gathered onto the lower edge of the hip panel. Yards and yards of fabric in that skirt.
- Spaghetti straps are extra long and can be easily adjusted to fit you.
- Attached black chiffon skirt lining has 3 rows of very wide horsehair braid and a deep pleated ruffle in pink taffeta at the hem to support the full skirt.
- Bodice is completely lined in pink taffeta and fully boned for support.
- Side zipper closure.
- Note: Sun was shining onto the dress hem during photography. There is NO fading!
|Shoulder to waist:||18" currently, adjustable by moving shoulder straps|
|Shoulder to Shoulder:||-|
|Contents & Care:||No labels - Silk blend - Dry Clean|
|Shipping International:||$64.00 Must ship Global Priority due to weight|
CONDITION: Excellent to Very Good - Dress was altered by replacing the original metal zipper with a modern invisible one. When the zipper was replaced, the seamstress resewed the label with machine stitching (which should have never been allowed, but what's done is done.) No other issues to note. Dress has been lovingly stored and is a rare example from this very well known designer.