SOLD - SALE Vintage 50s Evening Wedding Gown Dress Silk Small bust 35
In 1951, Edith Head designed a famous dress for Elizabeth Taylor to wear in the film "A Place in the Sun." Taylor's dress became the inspiration for many wedding and prom gowns over the next several years. This is one such dress.
- Authentic vintage 1950s evening or wedding gown based on the dress worn by Elizabeth Taylor.
- Dress is fashioned of ivory silk organza.
- Upper bodice is covered with cotton Venice lace in the form of flowers. The lace is a warm vanilla or ecru color.
- Individual flowers are cut from the lace and are scattered about on the skirt.
- Wide waistband is horizontally tucked.
- Full, full skirt is gathered onto the waistband.
- Thin silk organza spaghetti straps.
- Large bow at the back waist attaches with snaps and can easily be removed if desired.
- Dress closes with a center back metal zipper.
- White netting petticoat is layered between the silk organza and lining.
- Dress is lined in ivory taffeta.
- Bodice is fully boned for support.
- Original price - $495.00. All sale items are Final Sale with no returns accepted.
CONTENTS & CARE: No labels - Silk lined in acetate - Dry Clean - Comes to you freshly dry cleaned
Bust - 35"
Underbust - 30"
Waist - 26"
Hips - full
Length - 59"
Shoulder to waist - 16 1/2" - Straps can easily be shortened if needed
Will this dress fit you? To avoid disappointment and restocking fees, please read our Sizing Guide for complete measuring and fitting information.
CONDITION: Excellent - Dress is freshly dry cleaned and ready to wear. There are two very faint pink marks on the left side of the skirt at about knee level. You could remove one of the flowers from the back bow and cover the pink if you felt it was necessary. There are black spots on the back of the right spaghetti strap from a safety pin that was used to shorten it. These did not respond to cleaning.
SHIPPING- Shipping cost for this dress is $18.50 in the US and $38.50 international, completely insured. Dress may have to ship Parcel Post in the US due to the size of the box needed.