SOLD - Vintage 70s Dress DON LUIS de ESPANA Silk Maxi Small bust 37
In 1970, the Don Luis de Espana line was introduced to the American market and carried by higher end boutiques and department stores. Designer Felix Arbeo used gorgeous hand-screened prints on fluid silks and polyester jerseys and the results were nothing less than spectacular. These dresses were quite expensive in their day, costing from $80 – $200 ($447 – $1117 in today’s dollar.)
- Gorgeous vintage early 1970s maxi dress by Don Luis de Espana originally sold by the Lucia boutique here in Florida.
- Fashioned of sheer silk chiffon layered over orange silky lining.
- Exotic print in yellow, brown and red on an orange ground.
- Front princess seams are set far to the sides and close with buttons and loops from hip to thigh. Open those buttons as high as you want! Slits open under and below the buttons.
- Center back nylon zipper.
|Shoulder to shoulder:||15 1/2"|
|Contents & Care:||Silk - Dry Clean|
CONDITION: Excellent - Freshly steam cleaned in house. Colors are bright as new. Hem has been shortened. There is a 3" hem allowance to let down if desired.